- Main: Zucchini noodles with chicken, basil and walnuts.
- Side: Celery root fries with spicy chili mayo.
This is a simple meal for one (you can easily double or quadruple depending on the amount of people. It’s satisfying and will leave you full without the bloating or carb guilt.
You can make it in under 30 minutes. Prepare the fries and chicken first, then the noodles.
- Celery root 150-200g 5.5 to 7 oz
- Half of small to medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Chicken (boneless/skinless) 100g / 3.5 oz
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of walnuts or pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp of butter (or less – I love butter so I use a lot)
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Basil (fresh or dried)
- Oregano (fresh or dried)
- Himalayan salt (or other salt of preference)
- Spiralizer or kitchen tool you can cut zucchini into thin noodle strips
- Parchment paper
Celery root; the low carb potato. This is one versatile root. Flavourful in it’s own right, this can sub in for the potato.
Peeled celery root
Olive oil, cayenne pepper, Himalayan salt, chili powder, black pepper.
Drizzle oil and sprinkle seasonings on fries, coating thoroughly. Don’t worry if you have extra….
Roll pieces of chicken in remnants of olive oil, salt, pepper, chili seasonings. Waste not, want not !!!
Bake 20 min at 205C/400F on until fries are crispy and chicken is thoroughly cooked but not dry.
Zucchini, half onion, one clove of garlic, spiralizer.
Himalayan salt, olive oil, oregano, basil, black pepper, butter.
Saute garlic and onions on medium heat
Spiralize zucchini using thin side for small noodles.
Add zucchini noodles
Add spices and stir around. Cook for about 5 minutes. You want them heated but not over cooked. This is long enough to remove water from noodles.
Chicken and fries are done
Zucchini noodles with chicken, basil and add walnuts. Add about 1 tablespoon of oil (or however much you want).
Celery fries with spicy chili mayo (just mix a combo or spices to jazz up mayo).
Getting ready to eat!